Hi there, I’m Kelly.
People usually start here with how they define themselves. I haven’t quite figured that out yet, so instead, I’ll tell you a few things I know to be true about me:
- I recently left a lucrative job in national nonprofit development after working up that career ladder for the past 7 years.
- Before that, I was a practicing attorney for about a year. Fortunately, I quickly realized that was not the right path for me. Unfortunately, it took me many years to pay off the student loans from that endeavor.
- To the best of my knowledge, I believe my purpose is to help others with my writing. So, I am now a freelance writer and aspiring author hoping to find confirmation of that.
- That’s three career changes in 10 years. This is not something I’m proud of, but it’s been necessary to maintain some semblance of mental health.
- Also, I live in Tampa, Florida and am mildly (okay, not so mildly) obsessed with my miniature schnauzer mix, Arthur. My husband is a career straight man to my comically-zigzagging one, and I’m lucky to have his support through all of this.